Moving out information
Are you getting ready to move out for the summer? Download a copy of our 'Moving Out Checklist' for lots of useful tips on how to prepare. Want to know what you can do with the items that you don’t want to take home with you when you move out this summer? Then read the information below.
Students living off-campus please see the below information.
One of the easiest things to do is to get organised now!
- Plan ahead and protect your deposit. You don’t want to get fined for the things you leave behind
- Try to take as much home with you as possible
- Use your weekly recycling collections - there is no limit to how much recycling you put out
- Find out what charities operate in your local area, can any of the things you don’t need go to someone else? Use the Bristish Heart Foundation Donation Banks on Campus and in Oldfield Park
Save your money!
Do you want to save £200?
- Cleaning bill : £150?
- Rubbish removal : £25?
- Large item removal: £50? (per item)
These are examples of what students could be charged for not leaving their property how they found it. Refer to your individual contract or speak to your Landlord/Letting Agent.
Donate to Charity!
If you have things that you no longer need you could donate them to charity rather than throwing them away. This year we are linking up with the British Heart Foundation. Look out for the donation banks on campus at University of Bath and Bath Spa University. There are also seven donation banks in Oldfield Park until the end of July. You can download a copy of our Pack For Good Leaflet for more information.
Where is the Recycling Centre?
Bath, BA1 3AT
(Opposite play area in Royal Victoria Park/near Argos)
Open 8am – 4.15pm weekdays
8am – 3.45pm weekends and
Take bulky items such as electrical equipment, furniture, bric-a-brac!
Students in Bath do not need a permit to use the Recycling Centre. Staff at the Recycling Centre will now be able to accept a valid student ID as proof of residency, so take your student ID card with you to show to a member of staff.
What is collected from your kerbside?
All the information about what can be collected can be found on the waste and recycling pages of the Council Website
- Start clearing and put out your waste and recycling on your collection day now so it doesn’t pile up just before you leave
- Leave recycling/waste outside of your property by 7am on your day of collection. Please be aware that you could get fined by the Council if you have rubbish left out at the wrong time
- If you are leaving before your waste and recycling collection day, why not speak to your neighbour and ask them if they would mind putting your items out for collection at the appropriate time? This will prevent your waste just being left in your front garden.
- Recycle as much as possible! We only ask that you wash, squash and sort your items in a green box or untied carrier bag
- Waste that cannot be recycled should be put in black bags/your dustbin
- Need to find out your collection day? Check www.bathnes.gov.uk and enter your post code or street name, or call Council Connect on: 01225 39 40 41
- Call Council Connect for a bulky waste pick ups for any large items you can’t take to the Recycling Centre yourself.
Please note: If you believe that you are unfairly charged any costs after moving out of your property you can contact the Advice & Representation Centre Tel: 01225 386906 (University of Bath SU) or Student Housing Services Tel: 01225 875843 (Bath Spa University) for advice.
For those of you who will be moving out of University accommodation please see the below links:
Have a great summer!