Waste and Recycling
Living in private accommodation?
Help keep the streets of Bath a clean, attractive and safe environment for residents and visitors. Here is some information which will be useful. You can find out more on the Council's Waste Services web page, also check out their Facebook group.
The Council provides free collection services including:
- Use black sacks or carrier bags (tied) or a conventional bin
- Don't overfill your sacks, they need to be lifted without splitting
Top Tip: Use the food waste bins for any food, this reduces the chance of your bags being ripped open by animals and birds leaving a mess for you to clear up!
Food Waste Collection
- Any cooked and uncooked food waste
Top Tip: Line your kitchen caddy with a compostable liner or newspaper. Rinse both your caddy and larger food waste bin regulary and remember to lock it by pulling the handle forward. This stops animals and birds getting into your bin. Make less food waste by following the advice from the Love Food Hate Waste website.
Green Box Recycling
- Paper and greetings cards
- Food and drinks cans and aerosols
- Household plastic packaging
- Clothes and shoes
- Ink and Toner cartridges
- Glass bottles and jars
Top Tip: Please wash and squah cans, plastic packaging and foil. Rinse out glass bottle and jars.
- Food and drinks cartons (Tetra Packs)
- Brown paper
Top Tip: All cardboard must be flattened and folded to fit into your blue bag.
Putting your rubbish out for collection
- Collections are done weekly. Make sure you know your collection day. You can check on the Council Website, or why not ask your neighbour if your not sure.
- Containers put be out by 7am on the day of collection or after 8pm the previous evening.
- Put your containers at the front boundary of your property where it can be easily accessed by the crew, but do not block the pavement.
- Bring containers in as soon as possible. You can write your house number on the boxes to make it easier to know which is yours.
- You can be fined for leaving rubbish and/or recycling out on the wrong day .